I used to want to help people with my writing. Then I read this:
I believe in a better world, but I don’t think that a fiction writer who sits down to write a novel to make a better world can achieve anything. The better world will be done by many people, by the politicians, by the statesmen, by the sociologists. I don’t know who is going to create it or if there will ever be a better world. One thing I am sure is that the novelists will not do it. — Isaac Bashevis Singer
Still, here are a few resources that you may find useful or pertinent:
- Twords, for keeping on track.
- Scribophile, for feedback.
- Evernote, for convenience.
- QueryTracker, for agents.
- Duotrope, for magazines.
- The Writer’s Center in Bethesda, MD, for support and education.